The department for orthopaedics and trauma surgery covers the entire range of services concerning all conditions and injuries of the human musculoskeletal system.
Furthermore the department has been certified as a German centre of maximum care in endoprosthetics (Endoprothesenzentrum der Maximalversorgung).
All conditions and injuries are treated by different teams of qualified specialists.
Each year we take care for more than 4.000 inpatients and more than 10.000 outpatients. Some of the most frequently performed treatments include operative procedures on hip, knee and shoulder joints.
The merger of orthopaedics and trauma surgery under one roof opens the
way to synergies in everyday practice.Focus of Treatment:
Spinal Surgery and Orthopaedics
- Adult reconstructive Orthopaedics
- Full scale primary knee, hip and shoulder arthroplasty
- Replacement and revision surgery in aseptical/septical implant loosening including individualised implants in pelvis/hip and knee surgery
- Bone reconstruction in minor and major defects
- Transposition osteotomies
- Osteotomies of the pelvis as well as hip, knee and ankle joints and corrective surgery of lower limb deformities
- Foot surgery with correction of innate and acquired deformities
- Specialised surgery even in high risk patients
Surgical treatment (including minimally invasive and endoscopic spine surgery) of the degenerative spine, spinal stenosis and nucleus pulposus prolapses, degenerative scoliosis and other deformities Tumor Orthopaedics
Full scale surgical treatment of benign and malignant bone tumors, pathological fractures and metastases of bone and soft tissue
Interdisciplinary setup (tumor board) together with pathologists, radiologists and oncologistsPaediatric Orthopaedics
Conservative and surgical treatment of hip dysplasia, Morbus Perthes, epiphysiolysis, leg axis deformities and club feetRheumatic Orthopaedics
Joint preserving as well as joint replacement surgery in rheumatic disease
Specialised treatment algorithms for orthopaedic and joint conditions in patiens suffering from haemophilia or other coagulation disorders<br/>
Univ. Prof. Dr. Dieter C. Wirtz
Medical Director of the Department of Orthopaedics
and Trauma Surgery
Department of Orthopaedics
and Trauma Surgery
University Hospital Bonn
Tel.: +49 (0)228 287 - 14106