ADHD is a brain development disorder that begins in childhood and often persists in adulthood. Typical characteristics of ADHD are impaired attention and/or hyperactivity/impulsiveness.
Our institute outpatient clinic is based on a scientific guideline-oriented diagnosis and treatment of ADHD.
Our offer is aimed at adults (over 18 years) who are suspected of ADHD in adulthood or who have already received an ADHD diagnosis.
What we offer:
- Individual initial interview
- Comprehensive diagnostics and differential diagnostics
- Individual treatment of ADHD and accompanying diseases in close cooperation with outpatient practitioners
- Possibility of stationary further treatment and clarification of accompanying diseases
- New therapy concepts through participation in studies
Secretariat ADHD-Office hours: Mrs. G. Goedhart
Clinic and outpatient department for psychiatry and psychotherapy
University Hospital Bonn (NPP building)
Sigmund Freud Street 25
Scientific publications (excerpt):
- Bachmann K, Lam AP, Sörös P, Kanat M, Hoxhaj E, Matthies S, Feige B, Müller H,Özyurt J, Thiel CM, Philipsen A. Effects of mindfulness and psychoeducation on working memory in adult ADHD: A randomised, controlled fMRI study. Behav Res Ther. 2018 Jul;106:47-56.
- Tebartz van Elst L, Maier S, Klöppel S, Graf E, Killius C, Rump M, Sobanski E, Ebert D, Berger M, Warnke A, Matthies S, Perlov E, Philipsen A. The effect of methylphenidate intake on brain structure in adults with ADHD in a placebo-controlled randomized trial. J Psychiatry Neurosci. 2016
- Philipsen A, Jans T, Graf E, Matthies S, Borel P, Colla M, Gentschow L, Langner D, Jacob C, Groß-Lesch S, Sobanski E, Alm B, Schumacher-Stien M, Roesler M, Retz W, Retz-Junginger P, Kis B, Abdel-Hamid M, Heinrich V, Huss M, Kornmann C, Bürger A, Perlov E, Ihorst G, Schlander M, Berger M, Tebartz van Elst L;Comparison of Methylphenidate and Psychotherapy in Adult ADHD Study (COMPAS) Consortium. Effects of Group Psychotherapy, Individual Counseling,Methylphenidate, and Placebo in the Treatment of Adult Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Psychiatry. 2015 Dec;72(12):1199-210.
- Jans T, Jacob C, Warnke A, Zwanzger U, Groß-Lesch S, Matthies S, Borel P, Hennighausen K, Haack-Dees B, Rösler M, Retz W, von Gontard A, Hänig S, Sobanski E, Alm B, Poustka L, Hohmann S, Colla M, Gentschow L, Jaite C, Kappel V, Becker K, Holtmann M, Freitag C, Graf E, Ihorst G, Philipsen A. Does intensive multimodal treatment for maternal ADHD improve the efficacy of parent training for children with ADHD? A randomized controlled multicenter trial. J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2015 Dec;56(12):1298-313.