- since 2018: Leader of work group „Virtual Reality Therapy and Psychophysiology“
- since 2016: Training as a psychological psychotherapist (VT)
- 2017: Promotion to Dr. rer. nat. (Neurocognitive Aspects and Clinical Relevance of Bodily Self-awareness)
- 2013 – 2016: PhD student and scientific associate, department for Neuropsychology, Universität Oldenburg (Supervision: Prof. Dr. Debener).
- 2010 – 2013: Master of Science in Neurocognitive Psychology, University Oldenburg
- 2009 – 2010: Erasmus study abroud, University of Durham, Great Britain.
- 2007 – 2010: Bachelor of Science in Cognitive Science, University Osnabrück
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Virtual Reality Therapy
- Psychopathology and plasticity of ego experience.
- Experimental neurophilosophy (including Rubber Hand Illusion, Virtual Hand Illusion)
- Experimental neurophysiology (including EEG, EDA, HRV)
- Braun, Debener, Spychala, Bongartz, Sorös, Müller & Philipsen (2018). The senses of agency and ownership: a review. Frontiers in Psychology, 9(April), 535. https://doi.org/10.3389/FPSYG.2018.00535
- Müller, Moeller, Lücke, Lam, Braun & Philipsen (2018). Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS) and Other Augmentation Strategies for Therapy-Resistant Depression (TRD): Review of the Evidence and Clinical Advice for Use. Frontiers in Neuroscience, 12(April), 1–10. https://doi.org/10.3389/fnins.2018.00239
- Braun, Kranczioch, Liepert, Dettmers, Büsching & Debener (2017). Motor imagery impairment in post-acute stroke patients. Neural Plasticity. https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/4653256
- Braun, Emkes, Thorne & Debener (2016). Embodied neurofeedback with an anthropomorphic robotic hand. Scientific reports. https://doi.org/10.1038/srep37696
- Braun, Thorne, Hildebrandt & Debener (2014). Interplay of agency and ownership – the intentional binding and rubber hand illusion paradigm combined. PLOS one, Vol. 9 (11). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0111967
- Frontiers in Neuroscience
- Frontiers in Neurorobotics
- Scientific Reports
- Current Psychology