Director of the Polyclinic for Periodontology, Dental Preservation and Preventive Dentistry
Univ. Prof. Dr. Dr. Søren Jepsen, M.S.
Specialist in periodontology
Phone: +49 228 287-22480
Fax: +49 228 287-22161
- Studied dentistry, later medicine, at the University of Hamburg.
- 1982-1985: Research assistant in the Department of Dental Prosthetics and Materials Science at the University of Hamburg.
- 1987-1988: Postgraduate programme in periodontology (DAAD scholarship), Loma Linda University (LLU), California, USA.
- 1989: Practice representative in Hamburg.
- 1990-1991: Postdoctoral fellow (DFG scholarship) in the Laboratory for Mineral Metabolism and Master of Science programme (periodontology/implantology) at LLU.
- 1990: US-Certificate in Periodontics.
- 1992-2002: Senior physician at the Clinic for Dental Conservation and Periodontology at Kiel University.
- 1997: Eugen Fröhlich Prize of the German Society for Periodontology (DGP).
- 1999: Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology.
- 2002: Appointment to the Chair (C4) of Dental Preservation and Periodontology at the University of Bonn, Director of the Polyclinic for Periodontology, Dental Preservation and Preventive Dentistry in the Centre for Dental, Oral and Maxillofacial Medicine.
- 1998-2006: Board member of the DGP.
- 2002-2008: Research Committee of the European Federation of Periodontology.
- 2005: Elected member of the Leopoldina (German National Academy of Sciences).
- 2008: Appointment at the University of Bern, Switzerland.
- Since 2008: Spokesperson of the DFG Clinical Research Group 208 ("Causes and Consequences of Periodontopathies").
- Associate Editor of the Journal of Clinical Periodontology.
- Editorial Board: Clinical Oral Implants Research, European Journal of Implantology, Chinese Journal of Dental Research, Deutsche Zahnärztliche Zeitschrift, Parodontologie.
- Co-editor: Zahnmedizinup2date.
- Preventive dentistry