Welcome to the Department of Nuclear Medicine at the University Hospital (Universitätsklinikum Bonn, UKB)
The department of nuclear medicine of the University Hospital Bonn provide all diagnostic and therapeutic procedures using radiopharmaceuticals. Our department is one of the few institutions worldwide, which offers the complete spectrum of diagnosis and therapies using the newest methods. The methods in our feld is based predominantly on a specifc enrichment of different radiopharmaceuticals.
In this metabolic pathway, blood ﬂow and tumor-specifc accumulation mechanisms are utilized. This leads to a specifc radioactivity accumulation in the various organs, which is used for imaging.
Today, hybrid methods such as PET-CT and SPECT-CT play an important role. The results of the different imaging modalities are fused, so that the high spatial resolution of the CT is connected to the high-specifc resolution.
Prof. Dr. med. Markus Essler
Medical Director, Chair Department of Nuclear Medicine
Focus of treatment:
- Thyroid Outpatient Department
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
- Computer Tomography CT (PET/CT)
- Lu-177-PSMA therapy for metastasized prostate cancer
- Peptide receptor-mediated Radionuclide Therapy (PRRT) - neuroendocrine tumors
- Selective Internal Radiotherapy (SIRT) - Radioembolisation. Treatment for liver tumors or metastases
- Alpha-Therapy of bone metastases (Xofigo, Ra 223)
- Radioimmunotherapy with Zevalin
Certificate TÜV-SÜD-English (PDF-Download)