Arrival & accommodation
Please contact us for more information about hotel reservation.
If necessary, we will be pleased to help you to find appropriate flights from your home country to Bonn. We can also take care of the transfer from the airport reaching our hospital. The inner city and University Hospital of Bonn are about half an hour drive from Köln/Bonn Airport. Please let us know how we can be of assistance to you.
Bonn –> Luxembourg: 219 km
Bonn –> Brussels: 236 km
Bonn –> Amsterdam: 286 km
Bonn –> Paris: 516 km
Bonn –> Berlin: 596 km
Bonn –> Munch: 557 km
The Federal City of Bonn is a city on the banks of the Rhine in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia, with a population of over 300,000. About 24 km (15 mi) south-southeast of Cologne, Bonn is in the southernmost part of the Rhine-Ruhr region, Germany's largest metropolitan area, with over 10 Million inhabitants. Because of a political compromise following German reunification, the capital of Germany moved to Berlin but maintains a substantial presence in Bonn, and the city the second site of the government. Bonn is the second seat of the President, the Chancellor, the Bundesrat and the primary seat of six federal government ministries and twenty federal authorities. The unique title of Federal City reflects it´s important political status within Germany.
Founded in the 1st century BC as a Roman settlement, Bonn is one of Germany's oldest cities. In Bonn the German Constitution was drafted and institutes after the war. Throughout history the German nobility built this houses in Bonn, because the liked the surroundings of the River Rhine. Composer Ludwig van Beethoven was born in Bonn in 1770 and lived in Bonn for 22 years (his birth place and museum is an attraction). From 1990 to 1999, Bonn served as the seat of government – but no longer capital – of reunited Germany. The headquarters of Deutsche Post DHL and Deutsche Telekom, both DAX-listed corporations, are in Bonn. The city is home to the University of Bonn a very successful 200 year University number one in the first round of the excellence initiative and a total of 20 United Nations institutions, including headquarters for Secretariat of the UN Framework Convention Climate Change (UNFCCC), the Secretariat of the UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), the UN Volunteers program and the UN University with which the University Medical center cooperates probably the most international city in Germany.
Bonn is a city of Art, Medicine and Health science.
The combination of the medical excellence at an outstanding level with both history and modernity is what is drawing more and more health tourists to Bonn. More and more people from abroad are coming to Bonn getting their treatment while enjoying the sceneries. The city has everything the heart desires – for patients, convalescents and for family members accompanying them. Visitors are very interested in visiting many places like Bad Godesberg, museums, the Opera House, Bonn Theatre, the Rheinauhafen district and Bonner festival. A lot of attractions that await visitors at Bonn make it one of the attractive cities in Germany
- Bonn is a vibrant city that attracts visitors from all over the world each year.
- Bonn is a media city: Deutsche Welle television and Radio broadcasters and other radio stations broadcast from here.
- Bonn is a shopping metropolis: It is said that there are people who come to the city simply to have fun shopping. The market in the center offers great local products and the many shops offer a variety of products, either trendy or luxurious. Outside Bonn, shoppers will be delighted to discover exclusive shopping as offered by the Designer Outlets.
- Bonn is a city on the Rhine. The river's banks and park areas are oases with a perfect view.
- Bonn is the city with five seasons – the fifth one is being the Carnival.
- Bonn is a university city with a total of 5 state and private universities; around 35,000 students attend the University of Bonn alone.
Bonn has a relatively mild climate. In summer, the temperature rarely rises to more than around 24°C. In winter the temperature seldom falls below -1°C. Before departing to Germany, please check the latest weather forecast and make sure to pack suitable clothing.