Neuropsychology and Intervention
Neuropsychology deals with the neural basis of behavior. One searches for the connections between cognitive and emotional disorders and their brain-anatomic correlates. In recent years, in addition to the basic research of neuroscience and functional diagnostics, the treatment of dysfunction has become increasingly important. We study (clinical neuropsychology) in our studies especially patients in early to middle adulthood.
- Basic scientific questions concerning neuronal functions or dysfunctions in psychiatric or neurological diseases
- Development of innovative neuropsychological examination methods for differentiated diagnostics
- Development and evaluation of treatment options such as cognitive training procedures or psychotherapeutic approaches.
Behavioral studies, imaging techniques such as (functional or structural) magnetic resonance tomography MRI, as well as electroencephalogram (EEG) or other physiological measurements.
Current research projects
- Connections between subjective and objective impairments of cognitive function in different psychiatric patient groups
- Sensory integration processes in ADHD (Marcel Schulze)
- Use of innovative cognitive training methods compared to standardized cognitive training on PC
- Develop day-to-day study procedures to detect cognitive problems in everyday life
- Improvement of cognitive functioning by intake of supplements
- Processing and recognition of affect in ADHD
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Silke Lux (Head of working group)
- Moritz Bergmann (research associate, PhD student)
- Luc Eldem (research associate)
- Rebekka Euscher (research associate)
- Eva Halbe (research associate, PhD student)
- Marcel Schulze (research associate, PhD student)
- Dilara Parlak (medical student, PhD student)
- Markus Schramm (medical student, PhD student)
Opportunities for internships and final theses
Students who would like to do an internship or write a neuroscience or – psychological master's or doctoral thesis in the clinical neuropsychological field are welcome to contact .
Head of the working group
Prof. Dr. rer. Nat. Silke Lux
Psychiatry and Psychotherapy Clinic and Department of Psychiatry
University Hospital Bonn AöR
Are you looking for the newly established neuropsychological department of the department of Neurodegenerative Diseases & Gerontopsychiatry by Prof. Wagner? This page is still under renovation, but you will soon find it at the following link: https://neurodeg.uni-bonn.de/