Priv.-Doz. Dr. rer. nat. Arne Schäfer
- 2013 Habilitation, Venia Legendi in the special field Clinical Molecular Biology, Faculty of. Medicine, Christian-Albrechts-University Kiel (CAU)
- since 2006 Postdoctoral fellow, Institute of Clinical Molecular Biology, CAU, group leader ‚Genetics of Periodontitis‘ (www.ikmb.uni-kiel.de/cms/en/research/genetics/periodontitis)
- 2001-2005 Ph.D. thesis, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam, Junior research group Dr. Michael Udvardi, Department Willmitzer Title:"Characterization of Ammonium Transporters in Arabidopsis thaliana” , Matriculation and defense at the University of Potsdam
- 2000 Diploma, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam, Research group Prof. Dr. Thomas Altmann, Department Prof. Wilmitzer, Thesis title: „Positional Cloning of the Suppressor scb1 of Arabidopsis thaliana and Comparative variety C24."
- 1994-1999 Studies of Biology, FU Berlin, Main subject: Genetics; Minor subjects: Molecular Biology, Botany, Pharmacy
- Since 2010 Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Clinical Periodontology
- Since 2009 Member of the Excellence Cluster “Inflammation at Interfaces” (http://www.inflammation-at-interfaces.de)
- 2012 Jaccard Research Award of the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP), Price for the best scientific contribution in the special field Periodontology. Title: “Validation of reported genetic risk factors for periodontitis in a large-scale replication study.”
- 2011 DGP meridol award 2011, 1st place, Award for the best scientific publication in periodontitis research, category basic research. Title: “CDKN2BAS is associated with periodontitis and upregulated by bacterial infection”.
- 2010 DGP meridol award 2010, 1st place, Award for the best scientific publication in periodontitis research, category basic research. Title: “A 3’UTR transition within DEFB1 is associated with chronic and aggressive periodontitis.”
- 2010 DGP meridol award 2010, 2st place, Award for the 2nd best scientific publication in periodontitis research, category basic research. Title:” Cox-2 is associated with periodontitis in Europeans”.
- 2009 Membership of the Inflammation Research Excellence Cluster Inflammation at Interfaces
- 2009 Eugen-Fröhlich-Award, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Parodontologie e.V., Award for the best scientific contribution in periodontitis research. Title: „A Genome-wide association study identifies GLT6D1 as a susceptibility locus for periodontitis“.
- 2009 DGP meridol award 2009, 1st place, Award for the best scientific publication in periodontitis research, category basic research. Title: „Identification of a shared genetic susceptibility locus for coronary heart disease and periodontitis“.
- 2009 Best short lecture, short lecture competition 2009, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Parodontologie e.V., category periodontology. Title:“A haplotype block 5’ to Cox-2 is associated with aggressive periodontitis in a Northern-European Population”.
- 2009 ESHG Young Investigator Award Finalist, European Human Genetics Conference 2009, Vienna
Institute of Clinical Molecular Biology (IKMB)
and 1st Department of Internal Medicine
University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein
Schittenhelmstraße 12, 24105 Kiel
Tel.: +49 431 597-3882
List of Publications